Gwinnett College — Lilburn and Gwinnett College – Sandy Springs are currently seeking Georgia Licensed Massage Therapists to join our faculty for the Swedish/Deep Tissue massage classes. The Swedish Instructor position is a role which has hands-on and classical lecture duties. The lecture portion of the class includes teaching fundamentals of massage using the approved textbook and syllabus/outline. The hands-on portion is teaching students ethical touch, draping, and how to do massage strokes, ie effleurage, friction, etc.
Courses may be taught either during the day or at night. Typical schedules will include either one or two days/nights per week. Schedules will be fixed, ie a Tuesday night class will always be Tuesday night. Typical weekly hours will be 5-10 hours. This position is ongoing.
- Adhere to syllabus, outline, and curriculum of Gwinnett College
- Create lesson plans for classes
- Comply with ethical guidelines set forth by Georgia Board of Massage Therapy
- Actively lecture, encourage learning, and promote student satisfaction
- Take and monitor attendance following Gwinnett College guidelines
- Grade homework, exams, etc., and provide student with final grade for course
- Massage Therapy Diploma/Certificate
- Active, unencumbered license with Georgia Board of Massage Therapy
- Five years experience as a Massage Therapist
- One year teaching experience (preferred)
- W2 / Employee
- No benefits due to part-time nature
- Twice monthly
Email resume to email@example.com. Please title email as Swedish/Deep Tissue Instructor – Atlanta. If you have a preferred campus, ie Lilburn or Sandy Springs, please note that in your email.