- We are seeking instructors to teach general education and core courses in our allied health and massage programs. The instructor would be an ongoing part-time/hourly role.
- Courses are six weeks and on a rotating schedule and run between 9am and 3:30pm.
- An academic transcript must be provided and academic preparation in the field is required.
- Prior experience teaching in a post-secondary educational facility is preferred. Additionally, experience teaching in a hybrid format is a plus. Please email all resumes in PDF or MS Word format to email@example.com .
We are currently seeking resumes for instructors to teach:
- Introduction to Computers
- Microsoft Office
Gwinnett’s educational philosophy is to transform the classroom beyond a traditional learning environment by creating a unique, memorable and personal experience for each student. In support of this philosophy, the Instructor is responsible for educating students in an environment that is “alive”with engagement and active learning. In this student-centric environment, a successful candidate will be a dynamic, charismatic professional with a passion for making a difference. In addition to the ability to effectively translate subject matter expertise, primary responsibilities include understanding and adapting to multiple learning styles and the ability to create a flexible lesson plan to engage students in both traditional and non-traditional learning activities. The Gwinnett Instructor is service-minded and will proactively adapt to individual student needs. The Instructor will coach, mentor and lead students through the class material. A strong affinity for building relationships and understanding the importance of customer service is essential.
REPORTS DIRECT TO:
- Associate’s Degree required and/or professional licensure/certification as deemed appropriate by the school and institutional and/or programmatic accreditation requirements
- Subject-related work experience preferred
- Teaching experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
*Campus requirements may vary depending on state and accreditation requirements.
**Instructors teaching distance education and/or hybrid courses must also demonstrate prior experience, either academic or experiential, in distance education. Copies of certificates or transcripts may be used to demonstrate academic preparation where job experience and references may be used to demonstration work experience.
- Proactively creates a learning environment that is unique, memorable and personal.
- Demonstrates a service-minded attitude and models the Company’s expected behaviors (core values) on a daily basis with students, colleagues and employers.
- Maintains a positive attitude in being flexible and adapting to individual student learning needs.
- Effectively translates subject matter expertise to engage and educate students through active learning.
- Creates a two-way learning partnership by encouraging student accountability as part of the educational process. Students are encouraged to seek the Instructor’s help and the Instructor will be available and willing to provide extra assistance for students experiencing difficulty.
- Maintains “ownership”of student attendance and proactively maintains contact with students.
- Prepares and submits weekly lesson plans inclusive of learning activities that stimulate student involvement, encourage reflection and critical thinking, and take into consideration different learning styles.
- Provides each student with a course syllabus that includes course objectives that include student learning outcomes, learning activities to achieve those objectives, methods of evaluation and attendance requirements at the beginning of the course. The Instructor will review the syllabus in its entirety and address any student questions regarding the information communicated.
- Relates to students in a fair, courteous and professional manner. Encourages students to maintain professional/appropriate dress and behavior in accordance with Gwinnett’s Student Code of Conduct Policy.
- Ensures timeliness, fairness, and consistency in grading and evaluation of student work in support of Company policies.
- Actively participates in the evaluation of program/course materials to include recommendations for course revisions, selection of textbooks and other teaching aids, and development of curricula as needed.
- Utilizes approved textbooks and supports the material with well-defined lesson plans that include pertinent examples and exercises with practical applications.
- Maintains current knowledge of adult learning methodologies, new classroom technologies and industry/healthcare standards through continuing education, such as external development opportunities, in-service activities, membership in professional organizations, and reading of current professional periodicals, incorporating this knowledge into the learning environment.
- Attends and actively participates in all scheduled in-services, meetings and completes assigned independent study modules to maintain faculty development requirements.
- Maintains a safe learning environment by ensuring that students and staff use supplies and equipment in accordance with manufacturer guidelines and clean up after completing class.
- Completes reports as required by Program Director in an accurate and timely manner.
- Submits supplies and equipment requests to the Program Director in a timely fashion.
- Proactively initiates appropriate actions to re-engage and retain at-risk students.
- Demonstrates collaboration and maintains a “team player”appreciation for functional accountabilities and priorities at the campus outside of Academics.
- Takes ownership of the classroom resources, tools and supplies to ensure that ongoing needs are addressed in a timely manner.
- Maintains positive communications with students concerning administrative and school policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
CORE COMPETENCIES INCLUDE:
- Passionately committed to customer service
- Strong affinity for connecting with and understanding the needs of others
- Motivating and inspiring
- Positive and approachable
- Freely acknowledges and appreciates effort
- Flexibility and the ability to multitask
- Effective listening and communication skills
- Classroom management
- Open and inclusive of others’ input
- Ability to translate theory into practice
- Strong planning and organization skills
PERFORMANCE METRICS CATEGORIES INCLUDE:
- Student Retention Rates
- Classroom Observation Ratings
- Student Surveys/Feedback
- The Instructor is a part-time position working the hours required to meet job expectations.
- Employment with Gwinnett is “at will”and employment may be terminated at any time with or without cause or notice.
- Scheduled and unscheduled observations and performance reviews are given according to Company policies.
- Limited travel may be required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS/TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Gwinnett is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company makes all selection and other employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, the Company provides reasonable accommodations for applicants or associates with physical or mental disabilities in accordance with applicable law(s). If an accommodation is required to apply for employment, or to perform the essential job functions of a position you seek, please contact Campus Support Human Resources so appropriate arrangements can be made.