- We are evaluating resumes for our career services department.
- The position acts as a liaison between our externs/graduates and potential employment sites.
- Prior experience in job placement related position is preferred.
- Prior experience teaching in a post-secondary educational facility is preferred. Additionally, experience teaching in a hybrid format is a plus. Please email all resumes in PDF or MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Ensure the employment of Gwinnett College graduates is at the required placement percentage as dictated by the accreditation and state governing bodies as well as Gwinnett College placement goals. Prepare students and graduates with the knowledge and skills to successfully secure employment in their field of study. Coordinate the assignment of extern sites in conjunction with the relative Program Director/Lead Instructor for all qualified students. Secure new sites as necessary to ensure availability for all students.
REPORTS DIRECT TO: Campus Director
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with little supervision
- Knowledge of office procedures and methods including telephone communications, office systems and record keeping
- Able to use various software packages, MS Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems
- One to two years of experience in proprietary education career services, staffing and/or employment services industry. Sales, telemarketing experience strongly desired
- Associate or bachelor degree helpful in lieu of experience
- Willing to work a combination of day and evening hours to cover all student schedules
- Performs as a Campus/Campus Support professional in creating and delivering unique, memorable, extraordinary and personal student experiences.
- Consistently meet and/or exceed weekly, monthly and annual placement goals for assigned graduates/non-graduate completers.
- Responsible for handling incoming employer phone calls; effectively collecting job orders and promoting Gwinnett College and our graduates for placement opportunities. Be proactive in establishing new sites and relationships.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the local business community to identify career opportunities for student placement via telemarketing, community organization membership, career fairs and direct mail, internet, fax or email campaigns.
- Maintain a number of qualified career orders to meet the number of graduates eligible for placement.
- Communicate employer feedback as it pertains to the education and skill levels present on the job by Gwinnett College graduates/non-graduate completers.
- Counsel students in all areas such as academics, personal and behavioral issues relative to externships and career placement; develop the necessary interviewing, resume writing, networking and marketing techniques that will aid in securing employment.
- Conduct Career Success Partnership Forum on a monthly basis to meet with all students at the midpoint of their training program; assist with Career Development course instruction to develop resume and portfolio.
- Assist assigned graduates with placement opportunities and assume primary responsibility for placement of assigned graduates. Contact all unemployed graduates on a weekly basis to determine employment status, schedule interviews, provide career leads, etc. Be responsible for achieving established company goals.
- Ensure that all necessary documentation is completed within each file to support all placement efforts with the student/graduate/non-graduate completer.
- Participate in community activities/public relations efforts to support the campus and placement opportunities as needed.
- Participate in all New Student Orientation and Student Assemblies.
- Complete all daily, weekly and monthly reports as required.
- Participate and contribute in all department meetings.
- Utilize effective time management to ensure completion of all required duties including creating and managing a weekly and monthly activity calendar.
- Maintain Career Success bulletin board with current career lead postings and community career search activities including, career fairs, etc.
- Increase your value by:
- Improving product knowledge
- Increasing awareness of the business community, hiring trends, labor statistics, etc.
- Developing employment referrals
- Furthering sales and rapport building skills
- Perform other related duties as assigned
CORE COMPETENCIES INCLUDE:
- Influencing/Persuading Others
- Communications Clarity
- Business Partner
- Attention to Detail
- Results Oriented
PERFORMANCE METRICS CATEGORIES INCLUDE:
- Job Orders
- The Placement Coordinator is a full time position working the hours required to meet job expectations.
- Employment with Gwinnett is “at will” and employment may be terminated at any time with or without cause or notice.
- Scheduled and unscheduled performance reviews are given according to Company policies.
- Light travel may be required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS/TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Gwinnett College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company makes all selection and other employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, the Company provides reasonable accommodations for applicants or associates with physical or mental disabilities in accordance with applicable law(s). If an accommodation is required to apply for employment, or to perform the essential job functions of a position you seek, please contact the Campus President.