Allied Health Instructor
Raleigh, North Carolina
Occupational Category: 43-3031.00 Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Accounting Clerks
Pay depends on experience.
The Part-time Evening Receptionist/Bookkeeper is responsible for covering the front desk in the evenings, answering phones, assisting students, the collections, billing, processing, tracking and reconciliation of all monetary cash funds received from or on behalf of a student. The Coordinator is also responsible for ensuring that all funds are administered in compliance with Federal, State, Institutional and Accreditation Guidelines.
REPORTS DIRECT TO:Campus Director
- Associate degree required preferred (equivalent experience will be considered)
- Computer experience using MS Office Suite required
- Accounting/Finance Skills required
- Collection and billing experience required
- Financial Aid experience preferred
- Customer service background preferred
- Performs as a Campus/Campus Support professional in creating and delivering unique, memorable, extraordinary and personal student experiences.
- Model the Company’s cultural values and stand on a daily basis.
- Flexible and positive in adapting to job or business changes as a team member.
- Manage daily student cash collection efforts.
- Prepare and deliver monthly billing statements for students.
- Provide excellent and considerate customer service to students enhancing collection efforts.
- Manage student issues and complaints in a professional and timely manner.
- Review and monitor student credit balances weekly.
- Schedule student stipends.
- Assist in managing the bookstore functionality and inventory.
- Perform a weekly reconciliation of all campus bank deposit reports or student payment receipts.
- Post tuition and fees to student ledger cards at the start of each course.
- Train new Department Assistants as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of all month-end reconciliations.
- Attend weekly accountability calls with the Home Office.
- Meet quarterly Receivables Goals.
- Code vendor invoicing.
- Assist in quarterly Business Office in-service training.
- Provide a positive image and attitude toward operational objectives.
- Adhere to deadlines for projects, activities and reports.
- Maintain positive, team player relations with all campus associates.
- Complete special projects as assigned by Supervisor.
- Demonstrate ability to interact with students.
- Maintains appropriate recordkeeping as required under company policies.
- Develops and maintains beneficial relations with business partner vendors.
- Maintain professional atmosphere, including dressing in business attire (shirt and tie for gentlemen)
- Holds business partners accountable for quality services delivery.
CORE COMPETENCIES INCLUDE:
- Statistical Expertise
- Customer Service Oriented
- Attention to Detail
- Results Oriented
- Microsoft Suite Knowledge
PERFORMANCE METRICS CATEGORIES INCLUDE:
- Student Monetary Cash Collections
- Student Account Aging
- Associates’ Turnover
- Timeliness in Filling Openings
- Accuracy of Data Input.
- The Bookkeeper position is a part time position working the hours required to meet job expectations.
- Employment with Gwinnett is “at will”and employment may be terminated at any time with or without cause or notice.
- Scheduled and unscheduled performance reviews are given according to Company policies and at least annually.
- Light travel may be required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS/TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Gwinnett is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company makes all selection and other employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, the Company provides reasonable accommodations for applicants or associates with physical or mental disabilities in accordance with applicable law(s). If an accommodation is required to apply for employment, or to perform the essential job functions of a position you seek, please contact Campus Director so appropriate arrangements can be made.
NOTHING CONTAINED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION CREATES AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT OR IN ANY WAY ALTERS THE ASSOCIATE’S STATUS AS AN ASSOCIATE AT-WILL.
Job Type: Part-time