The Financial Aid Advisor is responsible for planning, estimating awards, tracking and collecting documents to ensure student eligibility, and assisting students apply for Financial Aid. The Advisor is also responsible for ensuring that all aid is administered in compliance with Federal, State, Institutional, and Accreditation guidelines.
OCCUPATIONAL CODE: 11-9033.00 – Educational Administrators – Postsecondary
REPORTS DIRECT TO: Director of Financial Aid and/or Campus Director
- Associate degree preferred
- Computer experience using MS Office Suite required
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required
- Strong data entry skills required
- Customer Service background preferred
- Accounting/Finance skills preferred
- Bookkeeping experience preferred
- Flexible and positive in adapting to job or business changes.
- Conduct financial aid interviews with current and prospective students and their parents/spouse.
- Understand and be able to communicate the requirements for all types of federal aid programs.
- Assist in determining award eligibility in compliance with Title IV and State regulations.
- Advise students (and parents) on Financial Aid Plans and options.
- Communicate with home office for timely processing.
- Assist in maintaining proper documentation so the home office can certify student and parent loans.
- Follow-through to ensure all files are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist students with financial aid applications during the reapplication process.
- Assist all students to ensure account balances are paid.
- Assist in meeting or exceeding all quarterly goals including packaging, processing and receivables.
- Assist with other projects as assigned by Supervisor.
- Adhere to deadlines for projects, activities, and reports.
- Provide a positive image and attitude toward operational objectives.
- Maintain positive relationships with all college employees.
- Manage student issues and complaints in a professional manner.
- Maintain professional atmosphere, including dress in business attire (shirt and tie for gentlemen)
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
CORE COMPETENCIES INCLUDE:
- Statistical Expertise
- Attention to Detail
- Results Oriented
PERFORMANCE METRICS CATEGORIES INCLUDE:
- Error Ratio/Work Accuracy
- Cash Percentage
- File Completion Percentage
- Attendance/Tardiness Record
- The Financial Aid Advisor is a full-time position working the hours required to meet job expectations.
- Employment with Gwinnett is “at will” and employment may be terminated at any time with or without cause or notice.
- Scheduled and unscheduled performance reviews are given according to Company policies, at least annually.
- Limited travel may be required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS/TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Gwinnett is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company makes all selection and other employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, the Company provides reasonable accommodations for applicants or associates with physical or mental disabilities in accordance with applicable law(s). If an accommodation is required to apply for employment, or to perform the essential job functions of a position you seek, please contact Campus Director so appropriate arrangements can be made.
Please email resumes to email@example.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Posted – March 12, 2021