- This event has passed.
Craig Knowles – Lymphatic Drainage Part 2-Routines
November 20, 2021 @ 9:00 am - November 21, 2021 @ 6:00 pm
Craig Knowles – Lymphatic Drainage Part 2 – Routines
Masks must be worn at all times while in the building
We are following the governor’s mandate and the guideline established by the GA Board of Massage Therapy
Prior Knowledge of Lymphatic Drainage Suggested
PLEASE BRING SHEETS AND LOTION/CREAM EACH DAY. DO NOT BRING OIL-BASED PRODUCTS.
Lymphatic Massage is a type of gentle massage which is intended to encourage the natural drainage of the lymph, which carries waste products away from the tissues back toward the heart. The lymph system depends on intrinsic contractions of the smooth muscle cells in the walls of lymph vessels and the movement of skeletal muscles to propel lymph through the vessels to lymph nodes and then beyond the lymph nodes to the lymph ducts which return lymph to the cardiovascular system. Lymphatic Massage is a very gentle manual treatment that is proven to reduce swelling by dramatically enhancing the function of the lymphatic system. Lymphatic Massage is also known to improve the quality of sleep, decrease pain, calm the nervous system, and benefit the immune system. This technique will greatly benefit your clients who have:
- soft-tissue injuries;
- rheumatoid arthritis;
- high-stress levels/anxiety disorders;
- fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue;
- surgical trauma/edema;
- migraine headaches;
- cancer/oncology diagnosis;
- sinus congestion or allergies;
- mild, medically-uncomplicated lymphedema;
- clients in hospice or palliative care;
This Lymphatic Massage course is 12 hands-on hours and will:
- Review the basic anatomy, physiology of the lymph system and main body fluids.
- Review the scientific principles behind Lymph Drainage Therapy, and why the lymphatic system plays a crucial role in recovering from disease and enhancing health.
- Review the importance of the lymphatic system and how it relates to blood and other body fluids.
- Describe main indications and contraindications.
- Perform techniques that help you move lymph and interstitial fluid through the body to cleanse it of toxins.
- Describe the main specific locations of lymph nodes and lymph vessels.
- Demonstrate specific lymph-drainage sequences for the face and neck, upper and lower extremities, and abdomen.
- Put treatments and self-help techniques right away into practice.
Because this course is 12 hours hands-on, please bring sheets and lotion to class.
NCBTMB Approved Provider # 451292-10
Times: Day 1: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm; Day 2: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Class: Lymphatic Drainage 2
Registration Closes Friday November 19, 2021 at 3:00 pm. Call (770) 381-7200 to Sign Up
Class capacity: 20
*Refunds are subject to a $10 processing fee.
Location: Gwinnett College – LILBURN, 4230 Lawrenceville Hwy, Ste 11, Lilburn, GA 30047
Contact: Please call us at (770) 381-7200 if you have any questions.
Refunds: No refunds within 2 weeks of class. If there is a documented emergency, you may transfer after to a later class by this instructor.
Picture ID required at check-in
If minimum enrollment is not met, the class may be subject to cancellation. Minimum is met