C. Mayumi Hawthorne – Contrast Therapy (using Hot/Cold Stones)
December 4 @ 9:00 am - December 5 @ 6:00 pm$229
Contrast Therapy (using Hot/Cold stones)
Masks must be worn at all times while in the building
We are following the governor’s mandate and the guideline established by the GA Board of Massage Therapy
We are excited to announce Contrast Therapy Massage (using Hot/Cold Stones) is at our Marietta campus. This 12 hours hands-on course will help provide you with a clear understanding of the application and bodily response to heat and cold application of water using stones. You will be able to explain and perform:
- Describe the benefits and contraindications of heat and cold applications using Basalt stones
- Proper protocol for a full-body Contrast Therapy Massage using Basalt stones on specific body areas as it relates to common muscular injuries
- Proper cleaning, sanitizing, and storage procedures for the instruments used in a Contrast Therapy massage using Hot/Cold stones
- Bring top & bottom twin or full size sheets to cover the massage tables (Massage tables will be provided) and a pillow case for face cradle each day
- Bring 1 washcloth size towel, 1 hand size towel and i bath size towel
- A lubricant of choice (Cream or Lotion) PLEASE NO AROMATHERAPY OILS
Carol Mayumi Hawthorne
BS, CMT, NMT, LMT, BCTMB, CEST
NCBTMB PROVIDER #1799
Times: Day 1: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm; Day 2: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Class Capacity at 10
*Refunds are subject to a $10 processing fee.
Location: Gwinnett College – Marietta, 1130 Northchase Pkwy SE Suite 100, Marietta, GA 30067
Contact: Please call us at (770) 381-7200 if you have any questions.
Refunds: No refunds within 2 weeks of class. If there is a documented emergency, you may transfer after to a later class by this instructor.
Picture ID required at check-in
If minimum enrollment is not met, the class may be subject to cancellation.