Occupational Category: 22-1012.00 Educational, Guidance, and Career Counselors and Advisors
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Description: Gwinnett College seeks a full-time Admissions Representative. The Admissions Representative is responsible for conducting career planning sessions and presenting potential students with the information needed to make well-informed enrollment decisions. Successful enrollment is accomplished by providing excellent customer service, listening to the needs and career aspirations of potential students, resolving all issues, concerns and questions related to enrollment, following the admissions process, policies and procedures and adhering to the highest ethical standards.
- Performs as a Campus/Campus Support professional in creating and delivering unique, memorable, extraordinary and personal student experiences.
- Using inquiries furnished through advertising and personally developed leads (PDLs), calls potential students and arranges for them to visit the school. Follows-up with inquiries to ensure a successful visit.
- Conducts career planning sessions and presents clear and accurate information on the career, curriculum, and employment opportunities. Understands each potential student’s career goals, personal and professional interests and recommends programs to fit their goals and interests. Completes all paperwork for the application/enrollment process, including entering complete and accurate student information into CampusVue or the Lead Management system
- Evaluates and resolves student questions, issues and problems related to the admissions process and ensures appropriate action is taken to the satisfaction of the student, Gwinnett, and/or regulatory agencies in compliance with policy, procedures, and legal requirements.
- Ensures potential students have all the information needed to make a well informed enrollment decision, including clarification and understanding of the students’ personal, monthly, financial commitment.
- Collaborates with financial services office to ensure the student’s financial concerns are understood and addressed throughout the entire admissions process.
- Follow-ups with enrolled students to ensure a successful orientation and educational experience. Provides extraordinary personal attention to each prospective student to address questions or concerns before and after the first day of class.
- Completes all necessary admissions paperwork and documents required information in CampusVue/Lead Manager and on activity reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrates regulatory excellence throughout all steps of the admissions process. Maintains integrity and confidentiality of student information in all conversations and when processing or accessing student information.
- Attends all admissions meetings and training sessions.
- Utilizes effective time management skills in order to make efficient use of work hours.
- Always conducts self in a professional and positive manner, modeling Gwinnett values at all times.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by manager.
- Completion of Career Training/Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred (or must be working towards or have relevant experience at a minimum)
- Prior post secondary admission experience preferred.
- Sales experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Customer service, consultation or recruiting experience
- Attention to detail, sense of urgency and passion for making a difference in the lives of others
- Able to work independently, yet within a strong team environment
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- A passion for education and making a positive difference in the lives of students
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Sense of urgency
- Customer service oriented
- Attention to detail
- Ability to resolve breakdowns and overcome obstacles
- Results oriented
- Medical, Life, Dental, 401k, Vision
If interested in this position, please email us your resume, along with salary requirements to email@example.com.
Date Posted: 2021-01-20