- This event has passed.
Wolfgang Luckmann – Advanced Myofascial Release and Muscle Energy Techniques
November 16, 2019 @ 8:30 am - November 17, 2019 @ 6:00 pm$290
Advanced Myofascial Release and Muscle Energy Techniques
(Contract – Relax / Isometric Stretching Method) – For the Beginner and Mature Therapist
“Most of us prefer harmony, but we may need the repatterning that disharmony can stimulateâ€
-Margaret E. Newman -nursing theorist
Developed by Osteopaths and East European physical therapists, this course embodies many of the major developments in cutting-edge bodywork technique. The course allows you to move away from confrontational pain management techniques and neuromuscular trigger point techniques as well as the boredom of endless repetitive massages. We will focus on a comprehensive approach that is safe, cost-efficient and effective. Instead of focusing on spot work and isolated muscle groups we approach the client from a body-mind-spirit viewpoint
AREAS OF EXPERTISE TAUGHT:
- Postural Fascial Release
- Gentle Joint mobilization techniques for the spine
- Structural changes
- Treating inflammatory muscle pain as in Fibromyalgia and arthritis and chronic myofascial conditions
- Meditation on self-healing and healing the client.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to develop palpatory skills in detecting hard tonus and bad “energy cystsâ€
- How to reduce and eliminate neuropathic muscle conditions, when Trigger Point Therapy isn’t enough.
- How to connect with the fascial lines of tension and communicate release to the whole body.
- How to help return the individual’s adaptive capacity by increasing space and mobility throughout.
- How to restore three-dimensional balance and return the body’s structure to a normally vertical orientation with gravity.
- How to release the Dura Mater which protects the Spinal Cord.
- How to reduce recovery time with TWO easy sessions and make the healing gentle and lasting
The principle of this release therapy is based on the ARNDT- SCHULZ LAW of pharmacology, which states that: GENTLE STIMULATION ENHANCES THE PHYSIOLOGICAL PROCESS OF HEALING, BUT STRONG STIMULATION STOPS AND REVERSES THE PROCESS OF THE BODY HEALING ITSELF.
Myofascial Release and Muscle Energy Techniques complement many therapies and are used, for example in treating pain (emotional and physical), movement restrictions, migraines, headaches, neuropathies, scoliosis, kyphosis, TMJ dysfunctions, traumatic and surgical scarring, menstrual and pelvic pain and dysfunctions.
What to bring: loose clothing, shorts or pants that can be drawn over knees, t-shirt, sports halter bra, bathing suit, cream, oil
Approved by the N.C.B.T.M.B, PROV# 279778 -00
Approved by Florida, PROV# 50 – 1674
Times: 8:30 am – 6:00 pm
Class: Advanced Myofascial Release and Muscle Energy Techniques
*Refunds are subject to a $10 processing fee.
Location: Gwinnett College – Marietta, 1130 Northchase Pkwy SE Suite 100, Marietta, GA 30067
Contact: Please call us at (770) 381-7200 if you have any questions.
Refunds: No refunds within 2 weeks of class. If there is a documented emergency, you may transfer after to a later class by this instructor.
Picture ID required at check-in
If minimum enrollment is not met, the class may be subject to cancellation.