- This event has passed.
Wolfgang – Advanced Myofascial Release
April 7, 2018 @ 8:30 am - April 8, 2018 @ 5:30 pm$270.00
“Most of us prefer harmony, but we may need the repatterning that disharmony can stimulateâ€
-Margaret E. Newman -nursing theorist
Advanced Myofascial Release $270.00
Developed by Osteopaths and East European physical therapists, this course embodies many of the major developments in cutting edge bodywork technique. The course allows you to move away from confrontational pain management techniques and neuromuscular trigger point techniques as well as the boredom of endless repetitive massages. We will focus on a comprehensive approach that is safe, cost efficient and effective. Instead of focusing on spot work and isolated muscle groups we approach the client from a body- mind -spirit viewpoint
AREAS OF EXPERTISE TAUGHT:
· Postural Fascial Release
· Gentle Joint mobilization techniques for the spine
· Structural changes
· Treating inflammatory muscle pain as in Fibromyalgia and arthritis and chronic myofascial conditions
· Medical Qigong for self-healing and healing the client.
YOU WILL LEARN:
· How to develop palpatory skills in detecting hard tonus and bad “energy cystsâ€
· How to reduce and eliminate neuropathic muscle conditions,when Trigger Point Therapy isn’t enough.
· How to connect with the fascial lines of tension and communicate release to the whole body.
· How to help return the individual’s adaptive capacity by increasing space and mobility throughout.
· How to restore three-dimensional balance and return the body’s structure to a normal vertical orientation with grvity.
· How to release the Dura Mater which protects the Spinal Cord.
· How to reduce recovery time with TWO easy sessions and make the healing gentle and lasting
The principle of this release therapy is based on the ARNDT- SCHULZ LAW of pharmacology, which states that : GENTLE STIMULATION ENHANCES THE PHYSIOLOGICAL PROCESS OF HEALING,BUT STRONG STIMULATION STOPS AND REVERSES THE PROCESS OF THE BODY HEALING ITSELF.
Myofascial Release and Muscle Energy Techniques complement many therapies and are used, for example in treating pain ( emotional and physical ),movement restrictions, migraines, headaches, neuropathies, scolosis, kyphosis, TMJ dysfunctions, traumatic and surgical scarring,menstrual and pelvic pain and dysfunctions.
What to bring: table . loose clothing, shorts or pants that can be drawn over knees , bathing suit, sports halter top, cream, oil
18 CE Hours