- This event has passed.
Raleigh, NC: Wolfgang Luckman – Indian Head, Face, and Foot Massage
September 11, 2020 @ 8:30 am - 5:30 pm$150.00
Indian Head, Face, and Foot Massage with Ayurvedic Oils
THIS CLASS IS ALSO APPROVED FOR SKIN ESTHETICIANS AND COSMETOLOGISTS
Did you know ?
Indian Head Massage has been practiced for many centuries as part of the family health care. Indian mothers would massage their children’s hair, head, neck and shoulders to stimulate growth. And relaxation.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS ?
- To eliminate Excess
- To purify
- To Strengthen or Rejuvenate
- To maintain Strength
- Understanding and reinforcing the individuality of the patient.
- Ayurvedic massage goes beyond the purely aesthetic and superficial
- Ayurvedic massage also stimulates nerve function ( e.g. Bells Palsy )
- Improves relaxation, creating calmness and emotional well-being
- Concentration and alertness are optimized
- Myofascial pain, fibromyalgia and chronic internal disorders are addressed through stretches, efits include : Relief from tension headaches,eye-strain,ear problems,neck shoulder stiffness,sinusitis,scalp tension and mental fatigue.
PURPOSE OF WORKSHOP
- How to incorporate massage , oils and pressure point technique in 45 minutes.
- Explanation of the Ayurvedic understanding of the life force Prana,Ayurvedic massage and medicine
- How to evaluate , analyze and treat the client as an individual.
- The three different types of massage suited for each individual
- An explanation of the functions of and locations of the marmas (pressure points ) and nadis ( meridian system )
- The purpose of appropriate essential oils,carrier oils ,herbs and energetic qualities for each individual client.
- How to match the personality type ( Dosha ) to the massage stroke and oils
THIS IS MAINLY A HANDS – ON COURSE . BRING A HAND TOWEL. CONSULT ABOUT OILS.
8:30 – 5:30 Friday
A set of linens
Two body size (or beach) towels
Oils of choice
GWINNETT COLLEGE 3200 SPRING FOREST RD, RALEIGH, N.C. 27616
Room 202; Enter the building through our clinic entrance to the left of the building; turn left at the third hall way (second hallway on the left leads to restrooms and break room area); Room 202 will be the second classroom on the right
PLEASE NOTE: ANY CLASSROOM CHANGES WILL BE POSTED OUTSIDE OF STATED ROOM FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE.
*All payments completed via PayPal will automatically register you for the class and reserves your name on the roster. Please be sure to include the full name that you need printed on your class certificate your best contact number with your registration to complete your transcript.
Refunds and Cancellations:
Notices of a cancelled classes due to inclement weather or sickness/emergency of the Provider instructing the class will be shared via phone and/or email confirmation.
Refunds are subject to a $10 processing fee upon request from the therapist after payment has been completed; No refunds within 2 weeks of class will be issued. If there is a documented emergency, you may transfer your tuition payment to a later class.
If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment you may transfer the tuition credit to another CE Class on our schedule; or request a full refund to be returned to the card used for purchase.
ID/Payment Confirmation required at check-in.