- This event has passed.
Raleigh, NC: Wolfgang Luckmann – Indian Head, Face, and Foot Massage
February 11, 2022 @ 8:30 am - 5:30 pm$170
Indian Head, Face, and Foot Massage with Ayurvedic Oils
THIS CLASS IS ALSO APPROVED FOR SKIN ESTHETICIANS AND COSMETOLOGISTS
Masks must be worn at all times while in the building
Did you know ?
Indian Head massage known as “Champa” has been practiced for many centuries as part of the family health care. Ayurvedic doctors practiced it for skin rejuvenation and as part of an anti-aging technique. Indian mothers would massage their babies’ hair, head, neck, and shoulders to stimulate holistic growth and relaxation.
Indian head massage goes beyond the purely aesthetic and superficial
- Stimulates nerve function
- Improves relaxation, creating calmness and emotional well-being
- Concentration and alertness are optimized
- Other benefits include: Tension headaches, eye-strain, ear problems, neck and shoulder stiffness, Bells’ Palsy, sinusitis, scalp tension, and mental fatigue
PURPOSE OF WORKSHOP
- How to incorporate massage , oils and pressure point technique in a 35-45 min treatment of HEAD, NECK SHOULDERS, and FEET on the table or in a chair!!!
- Explanation of the Ayurvedic understanding of the life force Prana,meditation and the philosophy behind Ayurvedic massage
- How to evaluate , analyze and treat the client as an individual.
- The three different types of massage suited for each individual
- An explanation of the functions of and locations of the marmas (pressure points ) and nadis ( meridian system )
- The purpose of appropriate essential oils,carrier oils ,herbs and energetic qualities for each individual client.
- How to apply the three principal strokes Satic, rajastic, and tamasic
- How to select appropriate oils and essential oils for different conditions
- How to do a vigorous, but relaxing foot and leg massage
What Else Can I Expect?
THIS IS MAINLY A HANDS – ON COURSE. We will practice the three principal strokes and techniques (Sattiva, Raja, Tamas), apply oils, and get a great revitalizing and relaxing treatment.
Bring a hand towel, table suggested oil (Rosemary, Sandalwood, Lavender, Peppermint, Frankincense, Patchouli, and blends, etc.) and an open mind. If you don’t own any oils, you can still participate!
Times: Friday: 8:30am – 5:30pm
Class: Indian Head, Face, and Foot Massage
Location: GWINNETT COLLEGE – Raleigh, 3200 SPRING FOREST RD,RALEIGH, N.C. 27616
Room 202; Enter the building through our clinic entrance to the left of the building; turn left at the third hall way (second hallway on the left leads to restrooms and break room area); Room 202 will be the second classroom on the right
PLEASE NOTE: ANY CLASSROOM CHANGES WILL BE POSTED OUTSIDE OF STATED ROOM FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE.
Refunds: No refunds within 2 weeks of class. If there is a documented emergency, you may transfer after to a later class by this instructor.
Picture ID required at check-in.
If minimum enrollment is not met, the class may be subject to cancellation.