- This event has passed.
Raleigh, NC: Miles Rowe – Acupressure Theory and Application
October 25, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$120.00
Acupressure Theory and Application
Did you know that by pressing certain areas on your wrist, signs of anxiety could lessen? How about pressing certain acupressure points near the clavicle to assist in strengthening the lungs to reduce the effects of asthma? What about utilizing points Stomach 36 in combination with Large Intestine 10 to boost the immune system? Acupressure has its history date back at least five thousand years. It is a direct descendent of Acupuncture. Acupressure is easy to learn and creates phenomenal results. Acupressure assists the body in making the corrections necessary for healing. If one’s Qi (Chi) is out of balance, deficient, or stagnant there will be disease. Using Acupressure on the appropriate meridians and Acupressure points will gently nudge the body back into balance and allow the body to heal. Acupressure reduces stress and tension, which inhibits the body’s immune response, endocrine function and the function of the lymphatic system. Acupressure is a safe and effective tool to have in your repertoire of modalities.
You will learn Acupressure technique as well as assessment skills. You will also learn how to combine key points to support the body back to health. Topics covered in this course will include:
- Learn practical application of Acupressure
- Gain hands-on experience of Acupressure, both giving and receiving
- Review the energetic meridians and associated acupressure points
- Assess your clients presenting problem and be able to apply Acupressure
- Learn how to apply Acupressure to chronic, acute and emergency situations
- Communicate with your clients what Acupressure is and how it will benefit their treatment
- Learn how to palpate and truly feel where the acupressure point is
Please wear comfortable clothing and be prepared to give and receive bodywork.