- This event has passed.
Mayumi Hawthorne – Prior to Birth Massage (Prenatal Massage)
September 26, 2020 @ 9:00 am - September 27, 2020 @ 6:00 pm$249
Prior to Birth Massage – Prenatal Massage
Masks must be worn at all times while in the building
We are following the governor’s mandate and the guideline established by the GA Board of Massage Therapy
We are pleased to announce Prior to Birth A.K.A. Prenatal Massage is at our new Marietta campus. This 12 hours hands-on course is packed with information from the gestation period to actual performing soft tissue techniques used in Prenatal Massage today. The Prior to Birth Massage course will help provide you with a deeper understanding of the structural changes that a woman’s body goes through during her pregnancy. You will have a clear insight as to:
- The many different ways of performing a Prior to Birth Massage A.K.A. Prenatal Massage
- The many benefits both emotionally and physically as well as the contraindications
- The different bodily structural changes and possible common discomfort per trimester
- Suggestions on Prior to Birth A.K.A. exercises
- Bring top and bottom twin/full size sheets to cover massage table (massage tables will be provided)
- A lubricant of choice (Cream or Lotion) PLEASE NO AROMATHERAPY OILS
- Two (2) standard size pillows with 3 pillow cases (2 for pillows and 1 for face cradle)
Carol Mayumi Hawthorne
BS, CMT, NMT, LMT, BCTMB, CEST
NCBTMB PROVIDER #1799
Times: Saturday, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm; Sunday, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Class capacity at 10
*Refunds are subject to a $10 processing fee.
Location: Gwinnett College – Marietta, 1130 Northchase Pkwy SE Suite 100, Marietta, GA 30067
Contact: Please call us at (770) 381-7200 if you have any questions.
Refunds: No refunds within 2 weeks of class. If there is a documented emergency, you may transfer after to a later class by this instructor.
Picture ID required at check-in
If minimum enrollment is not met, the class may be subject to cancellation.