C. Mayumi Hawthorne – Heated Herbal Ball Massage
November 8 @ 9:00 am - November 9 @ 6:00 pm$239
Heated Herbal Ball Massage Continuing Education Class
Masks must be worn at all times while in the building
We are following the governor’s mandate and the guideline established by the GA Board of Massage Therapy
This new and exciting 12 hours hands-on course will discuss the fundamentals of using heat application of hydrotherapy with compressed balls filled with herbs. It will demonstrate the manipulation of soft tissue techniques to relieve pain from sore, hypertonic muscles, detoxification of waste from the muscles, reinvigorate the body, mind and spirit and relaxation as they are used in massage today. A successful heated herbal ball massage depends on understanding hydrotherapy using heat application and the physiological effects it has on the body; understanding the conduction of heat, and the medicinal purpose of herbs and how they affect the body.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the physiological effects on the body using heat application in hydrotherapy in 2 forms (liquid and steam), through conduction using balls of compressed herbs.
- Explain the benefits and contraindications of using heated compressed herbs.
- Explain the safety features and precautions using the heat application of herbal balls.
- Explain the proper set up for equipment, use, and care of heated herbal balls.
- Describe the different herbs used for pain relief of sore and hypertonic muscles, detoxification of the body, relaxation and reinvigorating the body, mind, and spirit.
- List various massage stroke protocols and techniques to manipulate soft tissue using Heated Herbal Ball(s).
- List various lubricants used during the Heated Herbal Ball massage.
- Demonstrate the proper cleaning, sanitizing and storage procedures for the instruments used in a heated herbal ball massage.
- Bring top and bottom twin or full size sheets to cover massage table (Massage tables will be provided)
- Pillow case for face cradle each day
- A lubricant of choice (cream or lotion) Please No Aromatherapy Oils
Carol Mayumi Hawthorne
BS, CMT, NMT, LMT, BCTMB, CEST
NCBTMB PROVIDER #1799
Times: Day 1: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm; Day 2: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Class capacity: 10
*Refunds are subject to a $10 processing fee.
Location: Gwinnett College – Marietta, 1130 Northchase Pkwy SE Suite 100, Marietta, GA 30067
Contact: Please call us at (770) 381-7200 if you have any questions.
Refunds: No refunds within 2 weeks of class. If there is a documented emergency, you may transfer after to a later class by this instructor.
Picture ID required at check-in
If minimum enrollment is not met, the class may be subject to cancellation.