Become A Medical Assistant
When it comes to training in the field of medical assisting, Gwinnett has several options from which you can select. All campuses offer diploma programs with the Orlando, Lilburn, Marietta, and Sandy Springs also offering associate degree programs. Regardless of the credential, the core curriculum focuses on the skills you will need to seek entry-level employment in physicians’ offices, clinics, hospitals, and other medical settings needing the services of associates trained in both front and back office medical assisting skills. Upon completion of the medical assisting training, students will have taken a variety of courses related to both the front and back office functions. The externship component provides the opportunity for students to put into practice the skills learned throughout their programs in an actual medical setting working with actual patients.
To ensure a well-rounded medical assisting graduate, some programs may include training in medical insurance and coding, medical transcription, and bookkeeping as it relates to the medical office. Degree programs contain general education courses which are designed to expand the graduate’s knowledge base and provide a well-rounded educational experience.
The medical assisting training at Gwinnett focuses on two curriculum objectives – providing training in both front and back office skills. The following are but a few of the skills taught in the programs.
- Measuring Vital Signs
- Patient Preparation for Medical Examinations
- Updating Patients’ Charts
- Interaction Communications with Physicians and Other Medical Professionals
- Preparing Examination Rooms
- Performing Triage Functions with Patients
- Performing Laboratory Tests
- Performing Phlebotomy Procedures
Our medical assisting programs may vary by name, content, and type of associate degree offered between campuses. Please refer to the appropriate campus catalog for specific information on your program of choice.
For disclosures related to the Department of Education’s Gainful Employment Rule, click below.
- Lilburn Diploma Program Disclosures
- Lilburn Associate Degree Disclosures
- Sandy Springs Diploma Program Disclosures
- Sandy Springs Associate Degree Disclosures
- Orlando Diploma Program Disclosures
- Orlando Associate Degree Disclosures
Call us today or complete the Request More Information form on the top of the page to take the next step towards your new career in the medical assisting field.